If the data strategy has been defined, the next decision is to build a data platform to enable reporting and analysis. The decision may be build data marts to support specific reports and analysis, to generate immediate impact. This is often a cheaper option when there is not enough budget for enterprise wide data integration.
Some use cases are listed below:
- Need a high quality integrated data set to support a weekly analytical model refresh
- Need high quality data daily to track digital campaign performance eg. daily view of a campaign across multiple digital channels.
- Need high quality data to support a weekly sales dashboard, to be used for decision making.
- The expected deliverables can be (but not limited to) as below:
- Project Management
- Understanding and agreement of requirements
- Establishing roles and responsibilities
- Audit of data and systems landscape
- Project proposal, and agreement of scope and costing
- Data collection and analysis, and review of scope
- Feed building and management
- Data architecture design and management
- Data mart design, development, testing and deployment
- Provision of data mart access